Passion for Pollinators
Date(s) - April 22, 2018
Prairie Heritage Center
Categories No Categories
The ISU Extension and Outreach and the O’Brien County Conservation Board invite everyone to participate in an educational afternoon dedicated to learning more about monarch butterflies and other pollinators. Celebrate “Earth Day” with a look at some of the important ways that you can improve pollinator habitat in your backyard.
While attending this event, participants will:
- Learn about the unique life cycle of butterflies, specifically monarchs
- Discover how the monarch butterfly represents many pollinators that contribute to our food supply and the health of the planet
- Discuss the challenges that impact the monarch butterfly’s declining polulation
- Explore ways to increase monarch habitat
- Experience firsthand the collaborative effort required to sustain the monarch population
For more information about this program, please contact the Prairie Heritage Center at 712-295-7200.